Heaven in a bowl this chocolate hot pot is the perfect weekend treat. Bringing delight to all those who indulge in this dessert, spoil yourself and the little ones with this recipe if you feel like being a little naughty.
What You Will Need:
- 255g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 255g butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 125g caster sugar
What To Do:
- Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure they do not get too hot. Remove the bowl from the pan, and stir the chocolate and butter together well with a spatula. Allow to cool slightly, but keep warm.
- Put the eggs and egg yolks into a separate bowl and whisk slowly with an electric mixer. Add the sugar gradually, a few spoonfuls at a time (this will help aerate the eggs), and continue whisking until the mixture turns pale yellow and holds a ribbon trail when the mixer is lifted.
- Using the spatula, gently fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture (taking care not to collapse the aerated eggs). Transfer to a container, cover and leave to relax in the fridge for an hour (or up to 3 days).
- When you are ready to bake the hot pots, preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan/gas 61/2.
- Spoon the mixture into 10 small ovenproof pots, coffee cups or medium-sized ramekins placed on a baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the centres are warm.
- Serve with good-quality vanilla ice cream – the combination of hot and cold takes this dessert to another level.
Recipe from adambyatt.co.uk