The perfect accoutrement to mulled wine, these yummy Christmas cupcakes make for an appetising Christmas dessert spread. Fruity and certainly more-ish, these delicious cupcakes will be snapped up quicker than you can say “Merry Christmas”.
Cooking time: 15 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 225g margarine or Rachel’s butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 100g Rachel’s low fat Vanilla yogurt
- 70g dried cranberries, chopped Orange zest,
- juice of ½ orange
- 250g icing sugar
- 30g Rachel’s low fat Vanilla yogurt
What To Do:
- Heat the oven to 190C/Fan 170C/Gas Mark 5. Arrange paper cases in muffin or bun tins. Place the margarine, sugar, flour and eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat for about two minutes until smooth, light and fluffy. Fold in the yogurt, dried cranberries, orange zest and juice. Divide the mixture between the cases so that they are half filled and bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with the yogurt and mix until smooth. Tip: the icing should be runny and flow.
- Decorate each cake with a blob of icing and spread with a palette knife. Alternatively, leave to run to the edges of the paper case. Leave the icing to set.
- Cakes will keep in an airtight container for up to four days.
Recipe from rachelsorganic.co.uk