The Botanical Baker gives us the secret recipe to her delicious pastry-free lemon pie.
“This is one of my favourite ‘bung-it-all-in-and-bake-it’ recipes. It’s a very unusual but impressive dessert which is super quick to make and tastes amazing. Imagine a lemon tart with no cream or pastry making.”
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 60g Stork or soft unsalted butter
- 240g caster sugar
- 60g self raising flour
- 90g dessicated coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries or blueberries to serve
- Icing sugar for dusting
What To do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / gas mark 4. Wait until the oven is ready before you start with the ingredients.
2. Grease a 25cm pie dish or cake tin and set aside.
3. Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until blended. Do this for a good 2 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour.
5. Once baked, leave it to stand for about 15 minutes and then serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
“That’s it. What you’ll end up with is a soft, thin pastry layer, a lemon flavoured tart filling in the centre and a crunchy coconut topping. Magical.”
Recipe by Urvashi, The Botanical Baker, from thebotanicalbaker.wordpress.com.