Our Easy Springtime Apple Cake is the ideal sweet treat for you and the family.
Made with natural and organic YaconViva Yacon Syrup and packed full of zingy apples, this easy to make cake is the perfect family activity!
YaconViva is the perfect natural alternative to sugar and is incredibly versatile, making it the ideal swap.
Makes: 1 cake, serving 12
What You’ll Need:
- 130g butter
- 2-3 apples
- 3 eggs
- 90g YaconViva Yacon Syrup
- 200g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
What To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a round cake tin (26-28cm).
- Peel the apples and cut them into quarters removing the core. Make several scores with a knife across the back of the apple, but be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place the butter, eggs, YaconViva Yacon Syrup, flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into greased cake tin and spread evenly with your spatula. Place the apple quarters on top and tight the way along the tin with the scored side facing up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Check that it is fully cooked by inserting a knife into the centre of the cake, it will come out clean if so. Leave on the baking tray to cool.
- Dust top of cake with icing sugar before serving, and enjoy!
YaconViva Yacon Syrup is available now from Amazon UK, good health stores and from yaconviva.co.uk (RRP) £9.99 for a 220g bottle.