This recipe is for honey and cinnamon popcorn but you can use maple syrup or salty butter too.
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
What you will need:
- A splash of vegetable, sunflower or groundnut oil
- 2 handfuls of popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
What to do:
1. Find a big pan with a lid. Add a tiny splash of oil and the popcorn kernels. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat. At first you won’t hear a thing, but once the popping starts, keep giving the pan a gentle shake every minute or so until the noise stops. Then turn off the heat.
2. In another pan, heat the honey and cinnamon over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
3. Put the popcorn on to a large baking tray and pour over the honey mixture. Give the tray a good shake and stir the popcorn with a spoon to make sure it’s well coated. Pop the tray back into the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, to set the honey, then remove and leave to cool.
4. Once cooled, either serve in little bowls straight away or keep in an airtight tin for up to a week, and have some sandwich bags ready for when you next pop out (sorry).
Recipe from ‘Hungry’, a book by Innocent.