A flavourful pumpkin soup that makes for the perfect Halloween Party starter. Get the kiddies involved by letting them help you make the cobweb design. After all it is Halloween.
Cooking time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 2 onions, peeled & sliced
- 1 x 2kg whole pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & cut into small wedges (about 1.8kg peeled weight)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds by Sainsbury’s, to serve
- 4 teaspoons crème fraîche by Sainsbury’s, to serve
What To Do:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and garlic. Reduce the heat and cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, half of the stock and the sugar. Cook for a further 35-40 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and bring to a simmer. Take off the heat and use a hand blender to blend until smooth. Ladle into mugs and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds or swirl over the cream to serve. To freeze, let cool completely then transfer to a lidded, freezer-proof container. Freezes well for up to 3 months.
Recipe from www.sainsburys.co.uk