Try this delicious coconut braised pumpkin recipe, it’s a fresh, full of flavour and combines the finest oriental spices.
Serve with stir fried Chinese vegetables or steamed rice.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin peeled and deseeded – cut into 8
- 2 tins/800ml of Mai Siam coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 lemon grass
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 lime – zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli – sliced thinly
- ½ bunch coriander – chopped
What To Do:
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- In a casserole dish with a little oil fry off the garlic and onion then add the pumpkin.
- Cover the pumpkin with coconut milk and add chilli flakes and coriander seeds. Add the lemon grass, ginger and ½ of the lime juice. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until tender (longer if needed)
- Once cooked, to serve, sprinkle sliced chilli, lime zest and coriander over the braised pumpkin.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Cricklewood, Croydon and Manchester which stock more than 4,500 authentic Oriental groceries and products. Its online store www.wingyipstore.co.uk is home to a library of Far Eastern recipes.