What You’ll Need:
- 230g good quality steak
- 110g mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes (cut each into 6 wedges)
- 1/16th cucumber (sliced)
- 30g rice vermicelli (soaked in hot water)
- 1tbsp Mai Siam Fish Sauce
- 2 birds eye chillies (finely chopped)
- 3tbsp lime juice
- 1tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1tsp finely chopped ginger
- Small handful chopped fresh coriander
- Small handful chopped mint
- 1 heaped tbsp shallots (fine dice)
What To Do:
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Drain vermicelli and allow to cool.
- Mix leaves with vermicelli and divide between two plates.
- Scatter cucumber and tomatoes over the leaves.
- Cook steak on a very hot grill pan – cook to your preference but medium rare is recommended. Allow steak to rest and then slice finely across the grain.
- Add steak to glass bowl with dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on salad leaves.
Recipe by Wing Yip