Serve these spelt pancakes warm with fresh or stewed fruit and drizzled with your favourite syrup. We used fresh summer berries and golden syrup, what a treat!
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 150g Doves Farm Organic White Spelt Flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml milk
- Butter, for cooking
- Stewed or fresh fruit
What To Do:
- Put the flour, icing sugar and baking powder into a jug and stir to combine.
- Break the eggs into the jug, add the milk and beat to a smooth, thick batter.
- Put a small knob of butter into a frying pan over a medium heat, as it melts tip the pan so that the melted butter covers its surface.
- Pour some batter into the pan to make 10cm/4” circles and cook over a medium heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with stewed or fresh fruit and syrup.
- large frying pan
Doves Farm products are available online at dovesfarm.co.uk, Ocado, all major retailers, traditional wholesalers, food service, independent health food stores and farm shops.