Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 rashers of reduced salt bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g 5% fat lean beef mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 250ml beef stock, made with half a stock cube
- 1 tsp instant coffee, dissolved in the hot stock
- 300g spaghetti
- Parmesan to serve
What To Do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon over a high heat for a couple of minutes until browned and crisp.
- Reduce the heat to medium and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for around 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the mince and fry until browned. Add the tomatoes and oregano, along with the stock and coffee.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for around 45 minutes until the sauce is thick and nicely reduced.
- Season with black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti to the packet instructions. Divide the spaghetti between 4 bowls and spoon over the Bolognese. Grate over some parmesan and serve.
Further recipes from Sainsbury’s can also be found at www.homemadebyyou.co.uk