A vegetarian alternative to the traditional curry, indulge in this delicious Kale and Potato version with the kiddies this evening. hearty and delicious this dish will keep you fuller for longer.
Cooking time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 1kg curly kale
- 225g new potatoes boiled in BRITA filtered water and halved (can also use sweet potato or butternut squash)
- 1tsp chopped ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 fresh lime
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
What To Do:
- Bring pan of BRITA filtered water to the boil, add the curly kale and then remove as soon as the water comes back to the boil.
- In a separate pan heat the oil, add the chillies, onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously so as not to brown.
- Add the halved potatoes, which have already been cooked in BRITA filtered water for 25 minutes and the cooked curly kale, stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped coriander and the juice of 1 lime, season and serve as a side dish or a great vegetarian curry option.
Recipe from Lisa Faulkner. Lisa is launching the ‘Better with BRITA’ campaign highlighting how she uses BRITA filtered water as an ingredient in cooking for the best tasting food and drink. For details of BRITA products go to www.brita.co.uk.