A twist from the traditional Italian dish, this recipe for duck breast tagliatelle is sure to bring a smile come Monday evening. Filled with delicious vegetables and juicy duck breast pieces this recipe will soon become your go -to dish.
Cooking time: 20 – 25 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 2 duck breasts
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp white rice
- 4 PG tips Rich One teabags
- 300 g tagliatelle
- 175 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 pak choi, chopped
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
What To Do:
- Score the fat of the duck breast with a sharp knife, in a cross-cross pattern, then sprinkle over the spice and seasoning, and rub it in slightly.
- Line a roasting tin with foil and split the teabags open. Sprinkle the caster sugar, rice and loose tea over the base of the tin. Place a rack into the roasting tin (a cooling rack is fine), with the duck breasts on top of the rack.
- Place the roasting tin on the hob and heat gently. When the mixture in the base starts to smoke, cover and seal well with more foil. Cook for 12-15 minutes, depending on how smokey and well cooked you like your duck.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions, adding the broccoli and pak choi to the pan for the last minute of cooking.
- Trim the fat off the duck and cut into slices.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, then return to the pan and toss together with the spring onions and sliced duck.
- Serve with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds
Recipe from PG Tips.