This mouthwatering seafood dish makes for a tasty midweek treat or a refreshing weekend lunch. If you haven’t got the time or the patience to cook fresh crab from scratch, cheat and buy it ready-cooked from the fishmonger.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes (plus cooking time if cooking the crab from fresh)
What You’ll Need:
- 600g linguine
- 200g white crabmeat, cooked
- 250g crayfish tails
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 bottle white wine
- 100g rocket
- Juice and grated zest of one lemon.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
What To Do:
- Begin by bringing a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the linguine for 9 to 11 minutes, or until al dente. While it cooks, heat the olive oil in a warm pan, adding the red onion, chilli, and garlic. Fry lightly without colouring for one minute.
- Stir in the crabmeat and crayfish tails and heat through for another minute. Add the wine to the pan and let it simmer to reduce by 1/3.
- Drain the linguine and toss through the crab and crayfish mixture. Squeeze in the lemon juice and grated zest and season to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the rocket and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately with a big plate of balsamic dressed rocket.