Try this easy to follow recipe for a classic vanilla eggnog at home. Best enjoyed on a night in with your feet up by the fire or in front of a good Christmassy film!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 litre Oatly Oat drink
- 50g caster sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutmeg, to serve.
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan heat the Oatly oat drink. Bring the liquid up to just below boiling and take off the heat.
- In a large bowl, stir the sugar into the egg yolks. Pour the hot Oatly gradually onto the eggs, whisking constantly.
- Rinse out the pan and pour the mixture back in. Turn the heat back on and cook the eggnog very gently over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Do not let it boil or it will split. The mixture is ready when it has thickened enough to coat the back of the wooden spoon.
- Add the vanilla and stir. Pour into a glass or pyrex dish and allow to cool briefly before chilling the mixture in the fridge for at least an hour. Stir occasionally to help it cool as quickly and evenly as possible.
- Serve, sip and enjoy!