Temperature: 220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
Makes: 8 scones
Free from Egg, Soya, Nuts. Vegetarian, Organic, Wholemeal
What You’ll Need:
- 200g Doves Farm Organic Fine Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 4 tsp Freee Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 150ml milk
- flour for dusting
Rhubarb Jam Compote:
- 200g rhubarb
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
What To Do:
- Dust a large baking tray with a little flour and pre-heat the oven.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar and blend together well.
- Add the butter to the bowl and using a fork, blend everything together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk then use your hands to bring together a soft mass of dough.
- Lightly dust the worktop with flour, place the dough in the middle and flatten it to 3cm/1กฑ with your hands.
- Press a round pastry cutter or upturned coffee cup into the dough to cut out circles.
- Lift the dough circles onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown
Rhubarb Jam Compote
- Wash, dry and slice the rhubarb into 3xm/1กฑ lengths.
- Put the rhubarb, sugar, orange zest and juice into a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Boil, stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes until the jam compote starts to thicken.
- Pour the jam compote into a warm sterilized jar.
Doves Farm and FREEE by Doves Farm products are available online at dovesfarm.co.uk, Ocado, all major retailers, traditional wholesalers, food service, independent health food stores and farm shops.