This pudding is SO delicious – perfect for chilly days!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 100g butter, plus 1tsp for greasing
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1tbsp milk
- 100g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 2tbsp chopped stem ginger in syrup
- 2 Spanish persimon®, halved and leafy top removed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1tbsp demerara sugar
- 20g pecans, chopped
- 2tbsp golden syrup
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 22cm ceramic baking dish (or similar) with a little butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, then gradually beat in the eggs. Stir in the milk. Fold in the flour, salt, ground ginger and stem ginger.
- Transfer to the baking dish and spread out evenly. Cut the persimon® into thin slices and arrange on top of the sponge mixture, fanning out the slices. Sprinkle lemon juice and demerara sugar on top of them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and drizzled with syrup.
Cook’s tip: Make the puddings in individual dishes, though reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.