Knickerbocker glory. A brilliant word for an ice cream sundae but with a much better ring to it.
Takes: 5–7 min
What You’ll Need:
- 3 scoops of nut butter ice cream (see page 135) (vanilla ice cream will also work well)
- 75ml/¹⁄³ cup chocolate hazelnut sauce (see page 127)
- 100g/3½oz salted pretzels
What To Do:
- Take the ice cream out the freezer to soften.
- Heat up the chocolate hazelnut sauce over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Crush the pretzels in a food bag, using a rolling pin, saving a whole one for decoration.
- Using a nice tall ice cream glass, put a scoop of ice cream in the bottom, then sprinkle with pretzel crumbs and then the chocolate hazelnut sauce. Repeat and finish with the final scoop of ice cream.
- Top with the reserved whole pretzel and serve.
Extracts taken from Pip and Nut: The Nut Butter Cookbook by Pippa Murray (Quadrille £15.00 RRP) Photography by Adrian Lawrence