A very British summery dessert that is sure to go down a treat with your guests. A great pud for parties and BBQ’s.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 small Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 4 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 400g rhubarb, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 large bell stem ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- ½ Madeira cake (around 160g), chopped
- 300ml ready-made vanilla custard
- 75g Greek yogurt
- 25g flaked almonds, toasted
What To Do:
1 Put the apples, 3tbsp sugar, lemon zest and juice in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for around 10-15min until soft and pulpy.
2 Put the rhubarb in a separate pan with the stem ginger, stem ginger syrup, 2tbsp water and remaining 1tbsp sugar. Cover and simmer for about 5min.
3 Divide the poached rhubarb equally among six glasses. Do the same with the cake. Top with the Bramley sauce.
4 Mix together the custard and yogurt in a bowl and divide equally among each glass. Sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds and tuck in straightaway.
Recipe from Bramleyapples.co.uk.