Plum & Apple Cobbler
Packed full of fruit and flavour – the whole family will love this tasty plum cobbler.
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 500g plums, stoned & quartered
- 300g Bramley apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 160g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 300g self raising flour, sifted
- 85g unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 150g Rachel’s Low Fat Natural Bio Live Yogurt
What To Do:
1.In a saucepan take the plums, apple slices, 100g of the caster sugar and add the water, cook until the plums and apples soften. Tip: leave the fruit to cool before adding the cobbler pieces this will stop some of the fruit bubbling out over the dish.
2. To make the cobbler, add the sifted flour, butter, baking powder and the remainder of the sugar (60g) and using a food processor or mixer whiz together for a few seconds on pulse speed until fine crumbs form.
3.Add the milk and yogurt and whiz again until a soft dough forms . You can either spoon the mixture in scattered clumps over the fruit or add a little more flour and roll out the dough using a cutter. Leave some gaps for the cobble effect.
4. Bake the cobbler for 30-35 minutes until the topping is golden and the fruit is visibly bubbling beneath. Try serving with pouring cream or lashings of custard
Recipe from rachelsorganic