Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- ½ butternut squash, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 large 250g ball of mozzarella, torn into 4
- 2 tablespoons cream fraiche
- the juice half lemon
- 2 tablespoons of really good extra virgin olive oil, plus a bit extra for drizzling
- 2 handfuls rocket leaves
- 8 leaves radicchio or red chicory, split in two
- 4 slices speck
What To Do:
1. Heat the oven to 220C.
2. Pop the butternut onto a baking tray then drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper, making sure you coat the squash thoroughly.
3. Pop into the oven and then bake for 20 minutes, turning after about 12. Weirdly the first half takes a bit longer to brown. You want the squash to be golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and place 2 pieces of squash on each of 4 plates.
4. Tear the ball of mozzarella into 4 even pieces and place onto the plates next to the squash. Drizzle the cheese with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix together the crème fraiche, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of oil and seasoning. Add in the leaves and coat gently, making sure not to over saturate them. Take a quarter and roll it up in a slice of the speck ham and place ontop of the mozzarella and squash, letting any loose leaves tumble down. Repeat with the other 4 slices of ham, placing onto the other 3 plates. Drizzle with a spot more olive oil and serve.