Mushroom, Chicken and Spinach Lasagne
The family favourite with a twist – mushroom chicken and spinach lasagne. Chicken is a healthier alternative to beef and just as tasty, so why not try this family friendly dish out over the weekend? We promise you’ll end up with clean plates. Serve with a simple, fresh green salad.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bunches English spinach, leaves shredded
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 200ml milk or thickened cream
- 400g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g parmesan cheese,
- finely grated
- 250g dried lasagne sheets
- 200g mozzarella cheese,
- thinly sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, cook for 8 minutes or until mushrooms tender. Set aside to cool. Drain excess liquid.
- Microwave the spinach for 1—2 minutes on High/100% or until wilted. Drain. Squeeze to remove excess water. Combine spinach, mushrooms and chicken in a large bowl.
- Combine milk or cream, ricotta, egg yolks and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Grease a 5cm–deep, 16cm x 25cm (base) baking dish. Cover base with a layer of pasta. Spread with one-third of the ricotta mixture. Top with half the mushroom mixture. Repeat layers. Cover with a final layer of pasta. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with mozzarella.
- Cover, bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake further
- 15 minutes or until golden. Serve.