Gizzi Erskine’s Turkish Eggs with Turkish Toast
Poached eggs in yogurt with melted paprika butter and Turkish bread toast. A wonderfully comforting and tasty recipe from Gizzi.
Cooking time: 5 mins.
What You’ll Need:
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 25g butter
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- sourdough bread, sliced, griddled and buttered to serve
What To Do:
- Mix together the yogurt and garlic and split between two small bowls.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil then poach two eggs (Gizzi uses free range) for 3 minutes so the yolks are still soft.Lift each egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- While the eggs are poaching, heat a frying pan over a high heat, add the butter and paprika and cook until it starts to go slightly brown and nutty. Add the lemon juice, watching out as it will splutter. Place two eggs into each bowl of yogurt. Drizzle the butter over the egg and yogurt.
Recipe by Gizzi Erskine for British Lion Eggs, eggrecipes.co.uk/mealsinminutes