Delicious hot or cold, these sausage pasties are ideal for picnics, parties or a weekend treat.
What You’ll Need:
- 300g (10oz) Chunky traditional pork sausages
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Small carrot, peeled and cut into small dice
- 100g (4oz) Butternut squash, peeled and cut into small dice
- 1 Small eating apple, cored and cut into small dice
- 2 x 500g Packets of pre-made shortcrust pastry
- Egg for glazing
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Make a slit into each sausage and remove the sausage meat. Place into a large bowl with the onion, carrot, butternut squash, apple and seasoning. Combine together.
- Roll out the pastry and use a bowl to cut into rounds (about 15cm (6”) in diameter). Cut the pastry into 10 rounds (each 500g of pastry should make 5 rounds).
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water. Place a spoonful of the mixture into the centre and lift the pastry each side to contain the mixture. Press together the edges of the pastry to seal and then pinch the pastry to make a crimp pattern. Repeat, making about 10 pasties.
- Place on a non-stick tray and brush the edges (not the crimp as this will burn too quickly) with beaten egg.
- Cook in a preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes until dark golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe from Lovepork.co.uk