Bacon, Onion And Basil Muffins
Cooking Time 20 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 225g (8oz) Dry cured unsmoked back bacon rashers, trimmed and cut into large pieces
- 450g (1lb) Plain flour
- 30ml (2tbsp) Baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 Eggs, medium
- 450ml (¾pt) Semi skimmed milk
- 25g (1oz) Butter
- 1 Small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Small handful fresh basil, roughly chopped/torn
- Muffin paper cases or greaseproof squares (12 x 12cm)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Into a large bowl place flour, baking powder and salt.
- Break eggs into a jug and lightly mix with a fork. Add the milk and mix together.
- Place the butter into a hot frying pan and add the bacon pieces and onion slices.
- Cook until onion is translucent and bacon cooked through.
- Add the cooked bacon and onion to the flour and mix. Add the basil followed by the egg and milk mixture.
- Fold the mixture together using a large spoon until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place muffin cases or scrunch greaseproof squares into muffin tins. Fill each muffin case almost to the top with mixture (should make about 18 muffins).
- Cook in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden.
Recipe from Lovepork.co.uk