Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 375g pack light shortcrust pastry
- 90g no-added-sugar raspberry preserve (or your favourite flavour)
- 100g fine cornmeal or instant polenta
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g ground almonds
- 2tsp baking powder
- 100g Clarks carob fruit syrup, plus 2tsp to brush
- 100g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- Few drops almond extract
- 200g plums, stoned and thinly sliced
- 2tbsp flaked almonds
What To Do:
- Heat the oven to Mark 4/180°C/160°C fan.
- Unroll the pastry and lay into a 20 x 30cm baking tin. Press into the edges, leaving any excess overhanging the sides of the tin. Prick the base liberally with a fork. Bake for 15-20 mins until pale golden and firm to the touch. Cool for 5 mins, then using a sharp knife, trim the pastry level with the tin, brushing off any crumbs.
- Spread the pastry with the preserve. In a large bowl whisk together the cornmeal, eggs, ground almonds, baking powder, carob fruit syrup, yogurt, oil and almond extract. Spoon over the preserve and smooth the surface. Arrange the plum slices on top of the almond filling and scatter with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 mins. Brush with the remaining carob fruit syrup. Cut into portions and cool completely on a wire rack.