Health is always important, whether it’s physical or mental health and we want to try and keep as healthy as possible. Unfortunately, things do occur that can really impact your health, for example, medical negligence, it might not be your fault it occurs, but it still can really impact your physical and mental health.
In this blog we’re going to be showing you some of the simple things you can do to help with your physical and mental health.
- First and foremost, you need to have time to yourself. Each morning you should try and take at least three minutes for you. Before you get stuck on social media, light a candle, take some deep breaths and relax. Having a few minutes first thing in the morning can have a positive impact on the rest of your day.
- Healthy body and mind require the right food as well. Sure, there’s nothing wrong with having a naughty breakfast once in a blue moon, but you should try and ensure that you’re eating whole-food breakfasts. You need to have the right food to fuel your body, if you don’t then you’re going to feel much more lethargic.
- Make sure you have the necessary vitamins. Your body goes through vitamins like no other, especially when you’re stressed, being short of the essential nutrients can impact your mental and physical capacity. Even if you have a reasonably healthy diet, it’s still good to try and have some basic supplements.
- When you’re at work, you should try and keep a protein drink and healthy snacks nearby. Your blood-sugar crashes and carb cravings will become non-existent and your brain will thank you for the extra amino acids.
- Try and plan a little exercise into your week, whether it’s push-ups, sit-ups, walking etc. you’ll feel much better.
- Set a timer every 2 hours so you can have a little 10-15-minute break. This ultimately helps your body’s ultradian rhythms on an even keel, which helps prime your body and brain to operate at peak effectiveness throughout the day.
- There’s nothing better than relaxing and calming your body and mind, so try and take weekly yoga, medication or relaxation classes to help balance everything out so you can become much more zen.
- You have to try and keep hydrated, remember your body is mainly water, so try to keep some within reach at all times. Water isn’t exactly the tastiest drink we can have, so add a splash of juice or fruit to it so you enjoy drinking it.
- If you’re a little stressed, try and meditate, breathe and listen to something calming rather than trying to grind through, you need to give yourself some time to relieve the stress!
- If you see any symptoms for illness, then you might need to change. If you’re looking after your body, eating and drinking the right food and drink, exercising etc. then you should be in the best physical and mental condition to help with anything you desire.