As the weather starts to turn cooler, Milk & More; the nation’s largest doorstep milk delivery service, has created warm and comforting recipes for Autumn.
Prep: 15 minutes plus 10 minutes soaking
Cook: 35-40 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 6 slices Kingsmill Thick Sliced Soft White Bread (300g)
- 75g Netherend Farm Organic Unsalted Butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 150g Cartwright & Butler Fine Cut English Breakfast Marmalade
- 50g sultanas
- 300ml pot Country Life Single Cream
- 300ml Country Life Semi Skimmed Milk
- 75g granulated sugar
- 3 Rambling Free, Free Range Hens Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease a 2 litre shallow serving dish.
- Spread the butter and marmalade evenly over the bread, sprinkle over the sultanas. Cut each slice into 2 triangles. Arrange in the prepared dish, overlapping the slices.
- Mix the cream, milk, 50g of the sugar, eggs and vanilla together and pour over the slices of bread. Press the slices down into the liquid and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the remaining sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Cook’s tips: Try adding chocolate chips for extra richness or swap the bread for wholemeal and the milk for skimmed for a healthier option.