Bringing the flavours of Rio, this flavoursome one pot prawn stew is quick and easy to make for a light weeknight meal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll need:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned & chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped into 2cm chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 150g raw king prawns
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 lemon
What to do:
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over a medium heat and gently cook the celery and pepper for 4-5 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until it starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli and cayenne and stir. After a minute stir in the tomatoes and spring onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns and season. Simmer gently for 5-6 mins until the prawns are cooked. Check the seasoning then divide the stew between two bowls and top with coriander and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with rice or a chunk of bread.