What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml fish stock (or chick or vegetable)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 150ml milk
- 450g salmon, diced
- 220g smoked haddock, diced
- 200ml double cream
- 250g winkles, cooked
- 50g rainbow chard, chopped
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
What To Do:
- Heat the butter in a soup pot and gently cook the onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, for about five minutes, until it softens.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the fish stock and potatoes. Simmer, over low heat, for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk, salmon and haddock and cook a further ten minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Add the double cream and rainbow chard and heat through until the chard has wilted.
- Serve with the winkles, fresh parsley and buttered Jason’s Sourdough.