Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can butter beans 400ml/14oz, drained and rinsed
- 600g chopped Isle of Wight tomatoes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 large handfuls spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry, stirring continuously, for 3-5 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic, paprika and bay leaves and fry for a further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and spinach and stir through until piping hot.