Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 60g hazelnuts
- 200g pack shredded cavolo nero
- 50g vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g pack gnocchi
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the hazelnuts in a small roasting tin and roast for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the cavolo nero in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain well reserving 150ml cooking water.
- Place 100g of the cooked cavolo nero in a food processor with the reserved cooking water, hazelnuts, cheese, garlic and 3 tbsp oil and blitz until smooth, season.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes then stir in the remaining cavolo nero.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water for 3 minutes until they begin to float, drain and return to the pan, add the mushroom mixture and pesto and stir to combine.
- Serve with extra grated cheese on top.
- Try using other nuts such as walnuts, pine nuts or almonds. The pesto is also great tossed into pasta or roasted Mediterranean vegetables.