The Greek yoghurt adds a creaminess to the recipe, but with a lighter and fresher taste.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 2 peppers (green and red), deseeded and sliced
- 1 courgette, trimmed & sliced into half moons
- 1 aubergine, trimmed & cubed
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 1tsp oregano
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 300g penne pasta (or any other pasta shape)
- 2x 390g carton Sainsbury’s Chopped Tomatoes with Basil & Oregano
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- 50g Sainsbury’s Lighter Mature Cheddar, grated
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200/180/Gas 6. In a large roasting tin, toss together the peppers, courgette, aubergine, red onion, oregano and olive oil. Put in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, shaking the tin occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the pasta in a large saucepan and cover with salted boiling water. Bring back to the boil, then cook for 8-10 minutes until just al dente. Drain, and then mix well with the chopped tomatoes and yoghurt.
- Gently toss the vegetables through the pasta and then spoon into a 20cm square ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling and the cheese is brown.
Further recipes from Sainsbury’s can also be found at www.homemadebyyou.co.uk