These vibrant veggie recipes using fresh, seasonal flavours, are perfect for a relaxed al fresco supper with friends. Spinach & Ricotta Pie with Fresh Mint Jelly is a combo hard to beat, while Sweetcorn and Halloumi Fritters are made exceptional courtesy of the tangy, sweet and sour Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish (which includes just a dash of mustard seed and chilli to keep you on your toes).
What You’ll Need:
- 1 courgette, grated
- 75g plain flour
- 100g halloumi cheese, grated
- 200g sweetcorn kernels
- 75ml milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. Tracklements Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish, plus extra to serve
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
What To Do:
- Place the courgette into a clean t-towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the flour, halloumi, sweetcorn and courgette in a large bowl and mix together.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until combined. Season.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, cook the batter in batches spooning tablespoons of the batter into the pan and flipping them over when golden brown on the underside.
- Serve with a side salad and extra Tracklements Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish as a dip.
Tracklements Fresh Mint Jelly £3.10 for 250g and Tracklements Cucumber & Sweet Pepper Relish £3.55 for 220g, are available from Whole Foods Market as well as good fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk