Mix up the Italian dish with a sprinkling of the sea with this recipe for prawn risotto. Creamy and guaranteed to fill tummies, this delicious recipe is one to whip up on wintry evenings.
Serves 4 – 5
Cooking time: 25 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 1–2 Knorr Fish Stock Pots
- 15g butter
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion or 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 4 handfuls basil leaves
- 400g raw, headless king prawns, peeled and chopped
- 100g sun-blush tomatoes, chopped
- 1–2dsps mascarpone cheese
What To Do:
- First, make the stock. Bring 1.5 litres of water to the boil in a large pan. Add in the Knorr Fish Stock Pots, stirring well, until dissolved. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a heavy casserole dish and heat gently until butter melted.
- Add in the onion and fry gently, stirring often, for 5–10 minutes until softened, but without allowing the onion to colour.
- Mix in the risotto rice, stirring well to coat in the butter mixture.
- Add in the white wine and cook, stirring, until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Now add in 3 ladlefuls of the simmering Knorr fish stock. Cook stirring until the rice has absorbed the stock. Repeat the process, cooking it over medium heat and stirring it constantly.
- After 15–20 minutes, when the rice is nearly ready, add in the basil and the prawns and stir in.
- Add the sun-blushed tomatoes and stir in. Add in the mascarpone and stir in. Cook, stirring, until the prawn pieces have turned opaque and are cooked through. Serve at once.
Recipe from knorr.co.uk