Italians describe a properly cooked risotto as ‘all’onda’ (wave-like), meaning that the risotto has an almost porridge-like consistency, but individual grains are still slightly firm with a distinct ‘bite’.
Rich and creamy, yet delightfully fresh, this Pea & Mint Risotto is perfect for a starter or a decent main course for two.
What You’ll Need:
- Large knob of butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 125g Arborio risotto rice
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 125g frozen peas
- 1-2 tbsp Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Grated Parmesan (for mixing through, and sprinkling over the risotto)
- Rocket for a chef-y flourish or as a side salad
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook for 3 mins until soft
- Stir the rice into the onions to coat the grains in butter and cook for a minute more
- Start adding the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring often, only adding more once the liquid has been absorbed by the rice (this should take about 20 mins)
- If the rice is still a little hard – just add a touch more stock.
- As the rice becomes plump and tender, about 5 mins before the end of cooking, stir in the peas, Traditional Mint Sauce and the Parmesan (and an extra knob of butter if you’re feeling indulgent)
- Season to taste and serve with more grated parmesan and a rocket salad
Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly RRP £3.75 for 250g and Tracklements Traditional Mint Sauce RRP £2.85 for 150g is available from fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk.