Equipment: Two 20cm/8″ round baking tins and parchment
Temperature: 180°C, Fan 160°C, 350°F, Gas 4
Makes: 1 round sandwich cake
Free from Soya, Nuts. Vegetarian
What You’ll Need:
- 200g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g Doves Farm Organic Self Raising White Flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Filling and topping:
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 tsp icing sugar
What To Do:
- Line two 20cm/8″ round baking tins with parchment and pre-heat the oven.
- Put the butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Break the eggs into the bowl one at a time, beating well between each.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl and mix it in.
- Add the water and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes. If a cocktail stick pressed into the centre of the cake comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Turn out the cakes onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
Filling and Topping
- Spread jam over the top of one cold sponge.
- Place the other sponge on top.
- Sieve the icing sugar over the cake.
Doves Farm and FREEE by Doves Farm products are available online at dovesfarm.co.uk, Ocado, all major retailers, traditional wholesalers, food service, independent health food stores and farm shops.