If you’d prefer something a little more home-made try these delicious cookies from Rhythm108, designed by Swiss Patissiers who have given this classic a Swiss twist by using plant-based organic ingredients, giving the peanuts and extra roast and adding chunks of Swiss chocolate your Dad is guaranteed to love this Father’s Day.
Makes approximately 10 cookies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Rest time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 8 – 10 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 80 g coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 90 g coconut flower sugar
- 32 g maple syrup
- 25 g ground almonds
- 35 g cold water
- 103 g oat flour
- 50 g tapioca starch
- 60 g dark chocolate drops (we use 65% vegan chocolate sweetened with coconut sugar)
- 8 g cocoa powder
- 2 g inulin powder
- 1 g gum guar
- 10 g baking powder
- 1 g salt
- 150 g peanut butter of your choice
- Piping bags and round nozzles
- Non-stick baking tray
What To Do:
- Cream together the soft coconut oil, coconut sugar and maple syrup until creamy, smooth and slightly pale in colour.
- Add the ground almonds and gradually add one third of the water in stages and stir in.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and the rest of the water. Mix to combine all together.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, weigh out your peanut butter and put into a piping bag with a round nozzle.
- Prepare a non-stick baking tray, very lightly greased (it is important not to use baking paper or grease too heavily otherwise the cookies will spread out too much in the oven)
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan.
- Once the cookie dough has rested place it into a piping bag with a round nozzle and pipe a round layer or approximately 4 cm in diameter and 5 mm in height. Take your peanut butter and pipe 15 g on to the cookie dough base. It is important to pipe in the centre, not to the edges as to avoid the filling seeping out during the bake.
- On a separate tray or on baking paper, pipe a second layer of cookie dough. This one needs to be slightly larger, approximately 6-7 cm in diameter x 1 cm in height. Gently lift off the tray and place on top of the peanut butter. The second layer of cookie dough should cover the peanut butter and sit in line with the first layer of cookie dough. It should not hang over the edges of the first layer or be too small.
- Bake the cookies at 170 degrees in a fan oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to cool before removing from the tray.