What You’ll Need:
- Large knob unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- Small handful toasted hazelnuts
- 9 Guylian Sea Shells or Sea Horses
What To Do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the vanilla and the milk, followed by the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, brush 9 holes of a non-stick muffin tin with melted butter. Divide the batter between each of them and bake for 15 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the butter pan with a piece of kitchen towel and then use the pan to heat the chocolate hazelnut spread until it reaches drizzling consistency. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Remove the pancakes from the oven and transfer them to a warm serving bowl. Drizzle the pancakes with the chocolate hazelnut sauce, then sprinkle over the nuts. Nestle a Guylian Sea Shell or Guylian Sea Horse in the middle of each pancake and serve immediately. This is best served with two sets of knives and forks, for sharing in front of the TV!
Guylian Pancake Day 2021 photography including final recipe shots and instruction shots is available to download from: