What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other neutral oil like canola)
- 1 x 60g bar of Conscious Chocolate’s Orange and Tangerine (to be melted for the topping)
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, add flaxseed and 2 1/2 tablespoons water to make a flax egg; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add non-dairy milk and vinegar; stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; stir.
- To the bowl with the milk and vinegar mixture, add flax egg, mashed banana and oil. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- On a greased griddle or skillet, add 1/4-cup dollops of the batter. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Repeat until all of the batter is used up
- Serve with maple syrup, sliced banana, berries and nuts but essentially melt a bar of Conscious Chocolate gently in a ban marie set up and pout over the stacked pancakes for full effect – I recommend any of the range but my personal favourite is the Orange and Tangerine bar