Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 100g dried figs
- 120g California walnuts plus 16 whole walnuts to garnish
- 150g oats
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g flaxseed
- 100g medjool dates
- 40ml maple syrup
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 60g dried cranberries
What To Do:
- Grease a small, square, deep sided baking tray with a little coconut oil and line with baking parchment.
- Place the figs in a small bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover them and leave to soak for 20 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, place the 120g of walnuts and half the oats into a food processor and blitz until they are the texture of course sand.
- Add the orange zest, flaxseed, medjool dates, maple syrup, coconut oil and drained soaked figs to the food processor. Process until the mixture comes together into one lump.
- Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the remaining oats and cranberries, kneading them in with your hands.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared tray and smooth down with the back of a spoon, pushing the mixture into the corners.