Not only do these festive cookies taste delicious but the spice mix will also fill your home with the nostalgic smell of Christmas, and they make a fabulous gift for friends and family too.
Makes: 20 – 25 cookies
Preparation time: 30 mins plus 30 mins for the dough to proove
Cooking time: 15 mins
What You’ll Need”
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 350g plain flour
- 1tsp ground ginger
Use the Spice Mill for the following:
- cinnamon stick to get 1 tsp ground
- cinnamon, Nutmeg to get . tsp ground
- nutmeg and cloves to get . tsp ground
- pinch of salt
- 175g brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- Food Processor, Microplane. Spice Mill, Baking Tray and Cookie Cutters
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / Fan 155°C / Gas 5 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix baking powder with flour and all the spices and salt in a food processor. Add brown sugar and butter.
- Add golden syrup and egg to the food processor while it’s still running. Pulse until the mixture stays together.
- Take the dough out of the food processor and knead briefly with floured hands. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for approx. 30 mins.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll the gingerbread dough to a 0.5cm (. inch) thickness. Cut out the gingerbread with your favourite shapes. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden.
- Let the cookies cool down and decorate with icing sugar.