Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup + extra to serve
- 284ml tub buttermilk
- 50g California Walnut Pieces, chopped + extra to serve
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1 ripe banana, sliced (100g)
For the walnut butter:
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 25g California Walnut Pieces, chopped
What To Do:
- To make the walnut butter, whisk the butter and maple syrup together until pale, stir in the walnuts and set aside.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and mix to combine. In a jug, beat the egg and maple syrup into the buttermilk and whisk into the flour mixture, stir in the walnuts.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 4 tablespoons of batter to make 4 pancakes. Cook for 2 minutes each side and repeat to make 8 pancakes.
- Serve topped with walnut butter, banana, a drizzle of maple syrup and extra walnuts.
Try making the pancakes a little in advance and just reheat gently in the oven before serving. Honey works just as well as maple syrup or serve with fresh berries or even bacon.