Savoury Stack Party Canapes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 jar Garner’s Original Pickled Onions
- 1 medium wholemeal loaf
- 200g smooth liver pâté of choice – or readymade hummus / mushroom pate for vegetarians
- A generous bunch of parsley
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Freshly milled black pepper
What To Do:
- From each slice of bread use a scone cutter to cut out 4 circles – or smaller ones if wished.
- Place pâté in a bowl and using a knife or fork, mash the pâté to soften and make it more spreadable.
- Take 2 drained Original Pickled Onions and chop finely. Add to pâté and mix together.
- Rinse, dry and chop parsley finely, retaining a little for garnish.
- Place circles of bread on a chopping board and spread half the circles with pâté mix. Place remaining circles on top.
- Use a little mayonnaise – or you can use leftover pâté – to lightly coat the sides of the “wheels,” then roll each one in the chopped parsley. The herbs will stick to create a smart green overcoat!
- Decorate as wished – a spot of pâté/ mayonnaise…and, naturally, slices or wedges of Garner’s Original Pickled Onions.
Recipe from Garner’s Pickled Onions.