Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 15ml/1tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g/1lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 1.2lt/2 pt chicken stock
- 75g/3oz pearl barley
- 175g/6oz cooked chicken, broken into bite sized chunks
- 175g/6oz cooked potatoes, chopped
- 100g/4oz cooked vegetables such as peas, broccoli, or green beans
What To Do:
1.Heat the oil in a large pan, add the carrots and leek, then saute over a medium heat for 4 mins.
2.Add the stock, pearl barley, chicken and potatoes and season well.
3. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20-25 mins or until the pearl barley and carrots are tender. Stir in the cooked vegetables, return to the boil and simmer for 1 min.
4.Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Recipe from www.britishcarrots.co.uk