If you have a dairy allergy simply use Soya milk or yoghurt instead.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 500g (1lb 2oz) tub Greek yogurt
- 200g (7oz) rolled oats
- 40g (11/2oz) wheat germ
- 40g (11/2oz) desiccated coconut
- 50g (2oz) hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 200ml (7fl oz) pressed (cloudy) apple juice
- To serve per portion
- ½ Granny Smith apple, cored but not peeled, coarsely grated
- 50g (2oz) Chilean blueberries
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Little ground cinnamon
- Few extra chopped hazelnuts, optional
What To Do:
- Mix the yogurt, oats and wheat germ in a bowl then stir in the coconut, toasted hazelnuts and apple juice. Transfer to a plastic container, clip on the lid and chill overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, stir in grated apple and a few blueberries then spoon into dishes, top with extra blueberries, a drizzle of honey, a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a few extra nuts, if liked. The remaining soaked muesli will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days, just add a little apple juice if needed, as the oats will continue to swell.
Recipe from Seasonalberries.co.uk