Quick and easy to prepare this one pan, healthy Chinese spiced broth is bursting with flavour, colours and textures.
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
What You’ll Need:
- 450g/1lb lean beef stir-fry strips
- 10ml/2tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp soy sauce
- 15ml/1tbsp prepared chilli or Schezuan sauce
- 1.2L/2pint good, hot beef or vegetable stock
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 175g/6oz fresh or dried fine egg noodles
- 200g/7oz pak choi or green cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and finely sliced and cut into half widthways
- Small bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Large bunch freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl dust the stir-fry strips in the Chinese five-spice powder. Add the soy sauce and chilli or schezuan sauce. Cover and set aside.
- In a large pan add the stock, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and pak choi or cabbage. Simmer for a further 1-2 minutes. Add the beef with the marinade mixture and the red pepper. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Remove from the heat, season if required and stir through half the spring onions and coriander.
- Divide the broth between four bowls and garnish with the remaining, spring onions and coriander.
Recipe from Simplybeefandlamb.co.uk