Rachel’s Organic Strawberry and Rhubarb Breakfast Bars
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 200g muesli (we like Dorset Cereals Berries & Cherries)
- 50g Rice Krispies
- 100g porridge oats
- 100g Rachel’s unsalted butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 300g Rachel’s fat free Strawberry & Rhubarb yogurt
- 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g Icing sugar
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat the oven 178°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Prepare and grease a square cake tin 20 x 30cm (8” x 12”).
2. Weigh in to a large bowl the muesli, rice krispies and oats.
3. Combine 200g of the yogurt with the flour and egg in a small bowl, whisk well so there are no lumps.
4. Melt the butter with the syrup in a small pan, stir. Add the melted butter and syrup to the cereals, mix well.
5. Pour half the cereal mixture into the tin about 2cm thick and press down well. Pour over the yogurt and egg and spread over evenly. Finish by topping it with the rest of the cereal mixture. Press down once more.
6. Bake until lightly golden around the edges but still slightly soft.
7. Allow to cool in the tin then remove and cut into bars.
8. To decorate take the remaining 100g yogurt and mix with the icing sugar until a smooth paste is formed.
9. Drizzle the icing over the bars and leave to set.
Recipe from rachelsorganic.co.uk .