Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 250g dried macaroni
- 50g unsalted butter
- 6 smoked back bacon rashers, chopped
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 100ml Newman’s Own Ranch Style Dressing
- 150g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 small bunches vine cherry tomatoes
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 190ºCº, Gas Mark 5. Cook the macaroni in a pan of lightly salted boiling water according to pack instructions, for about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a large pan, add the bacon and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until the bacon is coloured. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in the milk, and stir over a medium heat, until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the mustard powder and most of cheese, reserving a little for the top. Stir until the cheese has melted, stir in the Ranch Dressing and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the drained macaroni into the sauce, then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and place the tomatoes on top. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
All the post-tax profits from the Newman’s Own products go to the Newman’s Own Foundation, with over £2.8 million already being donated to a wide range of charities in the UK alone and over $495 million donated worldwide, for more info check out www.newmansown.co.uk