Grilled Lamb Chops With Olive Mash
Lemony lamb chops grilled and served with an olive mash – an impressive and light supper that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 4 lean lamb chops or cutlets
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5ml/1tsp dried oregano
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- For the Olive Mash:
- 450g/1lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 60ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or 5ml/1tsp garlic paste or purée
- 50g/2oz green or black olives, drained and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
What To Do:
- For the olive mash; boil the potatoes until tender, drain and mash with the seasoning, olive oil and garlic. Stir through the olives and parsley.
- Meanwhile, place the lamb on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on both sides with the oregano and lemon zest.
- Cook the chops under a preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning once.
- Serve the chops with the mash and seasonal vegetables.
Recipe from www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk.