Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate and indulge in your favourite foods, and for veggies, why limit yourself to the nut roast? Chinese cuisine has always been a favourite in the UK, but who is to say it should only be celebrated with a Saturday night takeaway?
Excite and inspire this festive season… Do something different than the traditional nut roast.
What You’ll Need:
- 100g dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1tsp paprika
- 500g mixed mushrooms, sliced, e.g. oyster, Portobello, enoki, straw, shimeji
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100ml Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
What To Do:
- Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in boiling water until re-hydrated. This should take about 20 minutes. Once soaked, drain the water reserving 300ml.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and over a medium heat add the red onion and paprika. Cook until soft.
- Add the dried shitake mushrooms and the garlic to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes or until the mushrooms begins to soften. Add the reserved 300ml of water from the mushrooms and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add the Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk and continue cooking for a further 2-3 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then serve with rice.